“Vaculex ParceLift is great to work with“
By using Vaculex ParceLift they now avoid the heavy lifting and almost all manual lifting when unloading containers. The ergonomics have improved and the operators feel happier and more alert.
The former handling situation:
Unloading manually, lifting onto a Caljan belt conveyor
Operators: 2 per in feed station.
Equipment: 1 Caljan belt conveyor per in feed station.
The new solution:
Unloading manually, assisted by
Operators: 1 per in feed station.
Equipment: 1 Caljan belt conveyor and 1 Vaculex ParceLift per in feed station.
1. Full acceptance from operators
2. No complaints of lower back pain or strain. Satisfied operators
3. Reduced degree of sick absence (between 10 – 15%) down to a normal level (approx 5%)
4. No relocation of injured operators into new positions with light duties
5. No staff turnover.
6. No classified strain injuries
7. Females can work in this position
8. Fewer operators needed. One operator, instead of two, on each in feed conveyor are now needed in this handling cycle. No one had to leave, all got new tasks.